English Writing & Language Use
For Primary 1 to 6
Our English tuition programme is based on updated MOE syllabus. Worksheets are of high quality and developed in-house.
- Use imagination to write in a vivid and engaging order to capture reader’s interest
- Step by step guidance for picture-writing and correct usage of vocabulary words
- Present and discuss common writing themes and topics encountered in schools.
Group discussions and ‘Show and Tell’ activities to boost confidence and oral skills
- All relevant components will be taught – Grammar, Vocabulary, Comprehension & Synthesis
- Interactive topics to help foster interest of students in areas of grammar and language usage
- Strong focus on deep learning through interest building and creating awareness of the environment
Effective use of pedagogical strategies to enhance individual’s learning ability:
- Q & A
- Group work
- Video clips/ online quizzes
Admission Exercise for International Students (AEIS)
International students will have the opportunity to know more on the following:
- AEIS examination format (the level he/she is sitting for)
- Language usage (Vocabulary and Grammar)
- Reading for Understanding (Various passages on different themes and learn how to structure answers correctly)
- Writing (students get to familiarise themselves with common writing topics)
Available for both secondary and primary students.
International English Language Testing System (IELTS)
IELTS is widely accepted in Australia, Canada, New Zealand and the United Kingdom for work, study and migration.
IELTS has four components: Writing, Reading, Speaking and Listening.
- Learn about the IELTS format and understand the requirements
- Learn and apply strategies needed to answer questions
- Practise and revise on commonly tested themes and areas of focus
- Receive constructive feedback from tutor for continual improvement
Teacher Eileen graduated with MBA, BA (Hons) and a Diploma in TESOL (Teaching of English to Speakers of Other Languages) from the London Teacher Training Centre.
Teacher Eileen’s teaching style is interactive and fun. She can evoke a positive self-response within individuals to inspire them to believe in their own capabilities.